Here are some things I may or may not have forgotten to tell you, but I thought you should know:
- The BlogHer Publishing Network has syndicated one of my posts. You can read it here – The Devil Was After My Child: Shedding Light On Postpartum Psychosis.
- Also, if you are a blogger and attending or dreaming of attending the conference in Manhattan – I submitted a Room Of Your Own Session and you can tell me if you would attend or not here: There Is No Box. Deadline for votes is *ahem* Thursday (today) at 5pm PST. I, of course, submitted totally last minute yesterday because I’m still consumed by my new baby and forget stuff.
- If you live in Manhattan, or will be there this summer, you should know that I. Am. Coming.
- I watched the documentary Forks Over Knives and now have to change my lifestyle.
- In the same vein, you should know that meat is trying to kill us – Harvard says so.
- And just to create controversy within this one single post, McDonald’s has a contest they want me to tell you about. Now through April 18th, they are seeking inspiring stories from families who cook using wholesome ingredients. Families with kids ages 8-11 can enter at the Happy Meal Chefs Contest Page. There is a trip to the Olympics in London up for grabs, and the chance to help chef Dan Coudreaut create new “nutrition-minded” Happy Meals.
- Also, I do not promote processed food – but I know for many, there are occasions where there is very little option. I do promote change, and the above mentioned contest may be a tiny step in the right direction.